Echo PAS attachment advice

Canadian GreenScape

LawnSite Member
Does anyone know if the PRO PADDLE or the PRO SWEEP works best for spring clean-up (getting rid of gravel on sod and dead grass in lawn) The dethatcher is there but I can only afford one right now and deal with alot of gravel on the lawns every spring. Its going to be hooked to a PAS 230. Thanks if anyone can help me out.

Four Season's

LawnSite Member
Canadian GreenScape,
I have used the PRO SWEEP for spring clean-up for a few years now. When I bought mine, Echo didn't make the PRO PADDLE. I use mine mainly for sweeping the sand off the edges of lawns. It works great for that. I have had good luck & its a lot better than raking the sand off by hand. But I cannot speak for the pro paddle because I've never used it before.

by the way is it french speaking where you are?

OP
C

Canadian GreenScape

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the help, Ive had it with raking too.. anything to make the job easier.
The French speaking area is 1 hour to the east of here (Moncton) mostly English where I am.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
The paddles are nothing short of awesome. These are the ultimate tool for getting gravel out of ditches and out of other grass areas. Try a search, and you'll get alot of good info on these. I didn't even know Echo HAD a paddle out until about a month ago, when someone on here pointed it out to me. I can't believe it took them as long as it did (last year) to bring one out.

OP
C

Canadian GreenScape

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the help. I ordered the Pro Paddle and the Trimmer head this morning, if it ever stops raining things might have a chance to dry out.. still snow in the woods.

proenterprises

LawnSite Silver Member
I didnt know echo had a pro padle until i read it a few nights ago in turf. I just bought a pas 260 with a pro sweep on christmas...if i knew they had the paddle i probably would have gotten that one instead.

let us know how it works. did you order it online or through a dealer.

OP
C

Canadian GreenScape

LawnSite Member
Used my Echo Pro Paddle for the first time today, worked like a charm! Pushes everything from sand to twoonie sized rocks with no problems. Quite hard on the back/shouders but sure beats raking.. Gravel was thrown directly into the loader on my JD 4100 for easy removal.

Top Forums