Echo PAS bed edger question

TriCountyLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
I see on there website this attachment only works with the biggest power head. I have a 4-5 year old grey PAS unit that was the biggest of the two they offered at that time. Can anyone show me a pic of the end of the shaft (watch it!) so I can see what they did to make it specific to the newer power head.

I went thru this with a bunch of Milwaukee cordless batteries. The single battery's wouldn't work on saws etc only on drills unless you grinded down a little tab.

I understand why this kinda thing is done so settle down if you haven't started posting before reading this far :hammerhead::drinkup: I have a little bit of light duty edging to do and dont need much. Ive considered trying a sidewalk edger and may do so. Its not worth renting a unit or using a shovel.

RLS24

LawnSite Bronze Member
I see on there website this attachment only works with the biggest power head. I have a 4-5 year old grey PAS unit that was the biggest of the two they offered at that time. Can anyone show me a pic of the end of the shaft (watch it!) so I can see what they did to make it specific to the newer power head.

I went thru this with a bunch of Milwaukee cordless batteries. The single battery's wouldn't work on saws etc only on drills unless you grinded down a little tab.

I understand why this kinda thing is done so settle down if you haven't started posting before reading this far :hammerhead::drinkup: I have a little bit of light duty edging to do and dont need much. Ive considered trying a sidewalk edger and may do so. Its not worth renting a unit or using a shovel.
I have also been intrigued by this. I want to buy a PAS now, but I still dont want to buy the biggest one and want to be able to use that bed edger. I'm not looking to use it to cut new beds in, just for the mid-season edging touch ups, so I'm thinking you wouldn't need the biggest one they have just for that.

fatboynormmie

LawnSite Bronze Member
I just bought the pas-280 and the internal coupler is alum. instead of plastic like all the other models.The bedredefiner Is sq drive just like all the other tools in the pas lineup but the weight of the blade needs the torque of the 280 IMO.As far as an edger it is an absolute BEAST.I took the bededger blade off put on an edger blade and buried in damp clay and it ATE RIGHT THOUGH IT with nearly a whimper or change in tone.It never clogged up a bit.I'm more happy with the thing as an edger then a redefiner .It's not much more money to get the 280 check out wise sales they were cheapest but were on BO .

weaver

LawnSite Bronze Member
Actually i just went and looked and i have a 265 power source... As for the bed refiner i think they request a 280 just for the extra power you might need to cut through hard dirt and clays... Just my opinion though.. and all the power sources look to have a metal coupler...