Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Buy two PAS-265 power heads and all the attachments you need.
This is the set up I use and it works great for me.
Having two power heads gives you redundancy and allows for less attachments swapping.

· Registered
17,408 Posts
Buy two PAS-265 power heads and all the attachments you need.
This is the set up I use and it works great for me.
Having two power heads gives you redundancy and allows for less attachments swapping.
We have had a lot of failures on the upper drive shaft....makes me wonder about the stability of the design. We use them heavy in bush trimming so that may be overloading the plastic eyelet where the two shaft mate.

· Registered
1,207 Posts
I like my PAS-265. It gets kind of heavy when you use it for a long time, but it has good power, so its all good.

I originally thought two power heads with lots of attachements would be the best set up, but normal trimming doesnt take much power, so I like having a srm-210 for normal trimming because its much lighter.

· Registered
536 Posts
Here's what I do...

I have a SRM-210 for a trimmer and a PAS-260 for everything else. I love the PAS system. I use it as a backup trimmer and have (most) of the attachements and also run an Edgit on it normally that I use on my lawns every other mowing. I've had zero problems with mine, but I know I don't run it as often as a full time LCO would.

Trimmer, Pro Pruner, Brush Blade, Edgit, Edger, Roto-tiller, Hedge Trimmer attachments here. I use the Pro Pruner as my chainsaw and cut up some pretty stuff on my jobs with it.

· Registered
1,238 Posts
We have had a lot of failures on the upper drive shaft....makes me wonder about the stability of the design. We use them heavy in bush trimming so that may be overloading the plastic eyelet where the two shaft mate.
Because of the strain, you shouldn't be doing HEAVY brush with the split boom set up. Probably why you are having issues. I would say 3/8 of an inch max.

Echo does warranty that shaft (parts only) for the life of the machine FYI.

Only time we see shafts strip is usually on the pruner attachment when they get it stuck in a tree and keep cranking it.

· Registered
17,408 Posts
Because of the strain, you shouldn't be doing HEAVY brush with the split boom set up. Probably why you are having issues. I would say 3/8 of an inch max.

Echo does warranty that shaft (parts only) for the life of the machine FYI.

Only time we see shafts strip is usually on the pruner attachment when they get it stuck in a tree and keep cranking it.
No warranty on the flex shafts on PAS in our city:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.