Echo PB8010 vs Stihl BR800

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Turf Tracer, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Wonder how many of the components are made in China.

MarkCat and Ridin' Green like this.
  2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I have no way of knowing, but nothing on it seems cheap like everything else I have ever bought that was made in china. It is my understanding that they are totally Japanese and that the stuff with chinese parts are built in china itself.

hort101, sjessen and Mark Oomkes like this.
  3. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

Anyone else having problems with the br800 pinching your forearm skin? Love the blower but since it’s warmed up and the sweaters came off the cable from the pistol grip pinches our forearm skin between the flex tube. Seriously causing bruising on my forearm! My guys as well.

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Rotate that little clip at the rear end of the flex tube so that the cable is down and to the side more.

5. MarkCat

MarkCat LawnSite Member

I have not had this issue at all and use my BR800 often with short sleeves. Not that it matters, but do you have the X or C model?

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Yea the flex tube, throttle and cable are all adjustable with the br800. I turn the pipe around so the cable is on the outside. No discomfort running that thing all day. The blower has made me much more efficient without taking a toll on my back. I love it!:clapping:

7. mowingrass

mowingrass LawnSite Member

Trying to figure out which one to get .with the 800 the handle is wierd so i dont know how i would hang it in my enclosed trailer what options have yall found besides buying a blower rack? i use tornado hooks now mounted thru an extra square of plywood works great thanks!

8. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

I do the same thing :laugh:it's just a lot more less expensive then it is to by $100 blower racks. Saved me alot of money.

9. mowingrass

mowingrass LawnSite Member

Do u use them with the 800???

10. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

Know I have an echo 580t and a redmax7500rh no stihl. Never used them before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.