Echo PB8010 vs Stihl BR800

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Turf Tracer, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Even if those numbers are accurate, 900+ CFM with 240 mph will be a real force on grass and leaves. Far too many here underestimate what having very high MPH and high CFM can do. It'll be interesting to see tests in the leaves. I am eager to see what RM/Husky comes out with now.

2. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Bronze Member

I will echo what RG said also, although it is just speculation as I haven't had a 230-240 mph blower to use for any length of time against one of my high CFM blowers.

I would think that "blowing power" being a combination of CFM and MPH, will probably be stronger overall with the Stihl BR800 specs (if accurate) than the Echo PB8010 specs. I think it (BR800) might prove to be faster at moving large, heavy leaf cover than the higher CFM but considerably lower MPH of the PB8010, or even the Maruyama BL9000, which is a high CFM (with TT) lower MPH Blower.

I think the BL 9000 with TT installed, having a wider swath than the others IMO, will still be as fast, maybe faster at getting leaves moved from the "as they fell" position to large piles...until the piles get very high or are very dense/wet, which is where the PB8010 and BR800 might be more efficient at that point. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Ridin' Green likes this.
  3. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

I would go for the pb 8010.
    I have never tried Stihl or redmax before, I'll have to test them out.
    But I do have experience with echo and so far, I really like this brand.
    Very satisfied with echos comfort, reliability, fuel economy and quality.
    And the pb 8010 is supposed to have 1000 CFM, I would choose the extra 100 cfm over what the br800 has to offer. ("900,CFM")

4. Razorblades

I think the extra 30-35 MPH added to 900+ CFM will prove to be stronger overall than the 1050 CFM at 211 MPH. Like I said, it will be interesting to see how they all shake out, after testing.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  5. Razorblades

Do you still have the BR700 and BL 9000?
    Did you ever use them together enough on heavy debris or leaves together to see which one was strongest or best at that type of task?

Ridin' Green likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like buying one of each is way to go.

fritowrdo and Razorblades like this.
  7. Razorblades

You need to do a video of them all together when you buy the new ones and go ahead and include one of your 580's and a BL 9000. Put it on YouTube and watch the money roll in!

Ridin' Green likes this.
  8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

1070 cfm compared to 900 cfm is approximately an 8.4 % increase in cfm. 240 mph is an 8.8 % increase in speed, which slightly favors the faster unit, and that is if the Echo actually does 211 and the 800 is only 900 CFM. Funny how Echo's new unit is rated at 2 CFM more than the 9000 with the TT. My guess..... just to gain the top number, so who knows what it actually will do. It sure looks nice though. I am hoping the Shindaiwa version has interchangeable tips like the 802 has. The 802 is my favorite all around BP of all I have owned, still own, or have used, so I hope the new model is basically just a larger version of it.

Like I said before, too many here either have no experience at all with high cfm and mph, or are just speculating based on watching YT vids or what someone tells them. I have experience with high cfm and high mph BPs like my 802 and 570 and that speed makes up for a lot of cfm. I was just running my 9000 with both the std tip and the TT and while the TT is the clear winner in heavy leaf cover, the std tip is faster and is better for almost everything else. The cool thing about the 9000 is that with the TT installed over the std tip, it still has pretty high speed.

I know one thing- all these BP's are going to have to go some to be as smooth on the back as the 9000, but the 8010 may be since it is spring mounted like the Stihl's have been as well as the 9000.

9. fritowrdo

fritowrdo LawnSite Fanatic

Exciting time to be in the market for a big back pack blower.

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

.....only if you have the money and don't buy too soon and miss the next one to come out, which invariably is bigger still.payup:rolleyes::laugh::laugh:

Walker56 and DXN1EL like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.