Echo PB8010 vs Stihl BR800

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Turf Tracer, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Mandatory Landscape

Mandatory Landscape LawnSite Member

1192 CFM is at the housing NOT at the end of the tube.....CFM ratings at the housing are USELESS!!

2. Mandatory Landscape

Mandatory Landscape LawnSite Member

I finally was able to run them both at my local dealer that carries both brands...The new Echo puts out 44.4 Newtons......44.4 is a LOT more than 41....about 20 to 25% more if you do the math based on how Newtons are calculated according to the dealer....Please continue to wear the orange Stihl underwear BUT the new Echo 8010 is WAY more powerful with a spring assist anti-vibe system

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I think he knows that and is just having some fun stirring. That's why he hasn't been back.

fritowrdo likes this.
  4. Jumbonas

Jumbonas LawnSite Member

I’m going to try and pick up a 8010 in New Hampshire this weekend. 20% off at granz open house in Salem New Hampshire. 480 for the 8010 h.

Mownmachine144 likes this.
  5. superbuick

superbuick LawnSite Member

Eeew H version ;-)

Mownmachine144 and Ridin' Green like this.
  6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Granz told me they couldn't get the H version and thought they wouldn't until next spring.

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Lol , I see black .......

8. PremierLandscapeForsyth

PremierLandscapeForsyth LawnSite Member

I think @Hoovers Small Engine is one of us because his account is new... I think someone was having some fun and wanted to stir us up lol

MNLawns likes this.
  9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I'm pretty sure he's a guy that I was having a conversation with on a YT channel about these BP's that I told to come on over here and check into these threads. He had posted that the 800 wasn't out yet after I mentioned that they were, so I told him they were indeed and to come here, check and see for himself in posts like SB's that show both his 8010 and his 800. He said he worked for Stihl and didn't know that they had released the 800 yet so had learned something new from me. I think this was just his way of taking some shots and sticking up for his brand.

10. ktoom

ktoom LawnSite Member

Got to use my 800x and 580 today for a little while messing around on the property. I was blowing a mixture of pine needles, leaves and some sticks that were mixed into was grass and weeds. Here's some thing I noted while using both:

800x is def moving more air than the 580. It gets debris up off the ground and moving quicker

800x feels much lighter than the 580

Felt almost no vibrations on my back with the 800x

800x sounds like a big bore br600

800x blow tube is bigger in diameter yet the tip opening is about the same size

I tooks some videos, but they werent too great. All in all its def a winner and a upgrade from a 580.

Mownmachine144 and Ridin' Green like this.