Echo PB8010 vs Stihl BR800

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Turf Tracer, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Walker56 likes this.
  2. superbuick

superbuick LawnSite Member

The BR700 has a more evenly dense wide swath vs the BL9000 with turbo tip. I find the turbo tip swath gets weaker at the outer edges. The Stihl is almost equally strong all the way through.

I will definitely be keeping the BL9000 for a comparison review against the PB8010 and BR800. Hopefully folks will find it useful, but I often find with some brands, stihl in particular, brand loyalties seem to override all sense of rationale, so who knows. Same thing with bizarre irrational hatred of echo. Not sure why those brands are so polarizing, its just lawncare tools!

As soon as my regional rep shows up at my house for the BR800 demo, Ill post my thoughts. I dont know how to get an echo demo before the first units ship in november, but if anyone knows a way, I’ll make some time for it. Otherwise my order should be shipping in mid november.

3. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Bronze Member

That is one thing I've noticed in my comparison between the RedMax 8500 and the Maruyama BL 9000, and it makes sense that the airstream is more even in power across the width of pattern on a standard type tip compared to one with a Tornado tip extension over the STD tip.

Some of us will appreciate the info no matter the outcome by there will be some fan boys of xyz (name your brand) that will not accept your results if their brand doesn't win the comparison.

GoPappy and Ridin' Green like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Units w/High mph fool allot of posters on here. Generally CFM gets you off a long, wide hard surface faster but mph much more quantifiable.

You need good balance of both for most tasks. From numbers posted it appears Echo may be better choice.

Looking forward to a direct head to head comparison. Don’t care about the color.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    MNLawns likes this.
  5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Hey, I'm sorry if I asked you this in the past, but I have CRS and so..... did you ever try the volume tip? It seems like it compares most closely with the 700/8500 in the way it blows wide and fairly hard.

Walker56 likes this.
  6. Razorblades

Not superbuick but was wondering the same thing earlier and I researched through the older threads and it seems he bought the Volume tip and did not like it at the time he was posting on the thread.
    I don't know if he ever changed his opinion about it but I did offer an apology to him for being a factor in him buying it because I had initially bought one of the first ones and had reported liking it pretty well.

I also would think that the VT would be closer to airstream of 8500 and BR700, like you said.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  7. Razorblades

What is CRS....Can't Recall Syndrome ?

8. Razorblades

I forgot to add :) to that!

Ridin' Green likes this.
  9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That's the term used in polite circles.........Thumbs Up