Echo PB8010 vs Stihl BR800

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Turf Tracer, Aug 28, 2018.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

coming this spring so they should be here by next fall maybe. :laugh:

Bumpmaster likes this.
  2. MarkCat

MarkCat LawnSite Member

Hey all,
    Newbie here! I’ve read every post in this thread as well as researched every new BP blower available. I was in the market for a BP blower and at the time time I was purchasing (early September), was told Echo 8010 and Stihl BR800 would not be out until next spring. Unfortunately I do not have a Mauryama dealer in my area so I purchased a Stihl BR700. I used it a few times and it was ok, however I have tons of Pine trees and was not happy with its performance clearing pine needles. I went back to my dealer two weeks later to order a smaller BR450 tip for the 700 and what do you know, BR800X sitting in the shop. I promptly asked to exchange my 700 for the 800 and they did allow this. I was very grateful. All I can say is the BR800 is flat out awesome! It blows the 700 away. The 700 blows a slow wide swath. The 800 absolutely rips! It blows an extremely concentrated high volume stream that shoots pine needles, wet leaves, mushrooms, acorns, twigs, everything without blowing stuff back in your path. I did compare the 800 to the 8010 as my dealer had that too. The BR800 was lighter, more streamlined, the tube moved much better side to side, and just felt more comfortable. I 100% agree that the 8010 moves more air, there is no question, but the 800 has a more concentrated stream and just blasts stuff out of the way without pinning it down. The gas efficiency is also great at about 1hr 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes depending at throttle position per tank. It has significantly more power and speed than the 700, it’s not even close. The BR800 is amazing! I was hoping to compare the BR800x to the 800C but my dealer did not have that. I feel strongly though that the 800x is the better platform. People are already having issues with the side start. I also love the fixed tub on the 800x. I did not care for the adjustable tube on the 700 wich is on the 800C. I do not like the flimsy attachment of the tip on the adjustable tube, the fixed tube tips are much more secure. Also. As a previous poster mentioned, the valves are much easier to access on the BR800 than on the 700, this is a game changer. I hope this review helps people make a decision. You will love the 800X.

3. SJP

SJP LawnSite Member

I posted this a few days ago, just copied and pasted it. I can't compare the 8010 to the 800 even though my dealer does carry Echo. Honestly it never really crossed my mind to purchase the 8010 as I don't do lawn care for a living, it's just my yard and a few neighbors yards I maintain. I just felt the 8010 would be overkill for me during the spring/summer months so that's why I picked up the 800 X. We had a nice break from the rain yesterday and I am more than satisfied with the 800 X.

Tried out my 800 X yesterday and I can honestly say that I like every aspect of it better than the 580 BTS that I sold Tuesday. The comfort on my back is flat out awesome, the weight...it felt like I was picking up a pillow compared to the 580 BTS, scouring of wet oak leaves was so much better, not sure about fuel consumption. The handle/trigger feels so much better in my hand. The only thing I have to get use to is the sound of the BR 800 (first Stihl backpack blower). I'm glad I sold the 580 and purchased the BR 800, it's just a nicer blower IMO.

fritowrdo and sjessen like this.
  4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

Yes the Stihl's feel better on your back vs. the RM's

5. SJP

SJP LawnSite Member

Absolutely it does.

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

the 580bts feels amazing on my back. i love the strap system on it. very comfortable. the br600 i have is comfortable too though.

7. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

580 is a Husky right? From what I read the strap system is different from RM and more comfy. RM not terrible Stihl just more better

weeze likes this.
  8. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The Husky shoulder system is based on high tech back packing technology. It works extremely well. Even though the straps seem thin and un-padded compared with other units, they are quite nice to wear.

weeze and sjessen like this.
  9. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

Echo 8010 Review:

We've owned our echo for a week now and we are in full leaf removal season.
    Currently we are using Redmax 8500 for leaf removal and now added the echo 8010.

The echo makes the redmax blowers look like they are not even in the same class! Very impressed. Tube is a bit heavy but that is my employees only complaint. I personally haven't touched the blower yet but my employees have given me really detailed feedback. I have watched the echo while my guys are going at it with large leaf piles and it makes even a novice look like they know what they are doing. We will be buying more in the near future!!!!

We did use the Husky 580bts in years past but did not like the clunky heavy feel of them. The motor was strong being the same as the redmax but the overall feel of the blower was enough to not purchase anymore then the two we had.

We will not be buying anymore of the redmax blowers as they fall apart quickly. The motors keep on going strong long past when the rest of the blower falls apart around it. We've got redmax 8500 blowers with 800+ hours on them in a little over 4 years of use.

fritowrdo likes this.
  10. PremierLandscapeForsyth

PremierLandscapeForsyth LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I still haven't figured out if I like the handle on my 8010 closer or father from me … the tube is heavy but bearable.