Echo PB9010 blower

Brucey

LawnSite Senior Member
Makes sense to change the name, but I thought epa limits manufacturers to 80cc max for the backpack blowers? Unless maybe Trump has removed that limitation?

Presumably new model will have:
Straps that don't fray unreasonably with light use
Recoil bolts that don't back out
Air filtration system redesign that doesn't allow dirt into engine
Speculation *larger capacity to allow a reduction to the high state of tune in the 8010.

OP
E

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
Makes sense to change the name, but I thought epa limits manufacturers to 80cc max for the backpack blowers? Unless maybe Trump has removed that limitation?

Speculation *larger capacity to allow a reduction to the high state of tune in the 8010.
Yes those are most of items. Maybe the stiff flex coupling could be changed to help northern guys.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
flex tube been fixed for a while now. It swings much easier than the original Classic 8010. However Im convinced the Classic puts out touch more air. When we pushing wet leaves across a pool cover the Classic always pushes a few " further.

Still opt for the New Version. Swing much better

Attachments

OP
E

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
flex tube been fixed for a while now. It swings much easier than the original Classic 8010. However Im convinced the Classic puts out touch more air. When we pushing wet leaves across a pool cover the Classic always pushes a few " further.

Still opt for the New Version. Swing much better
So is it in production on models in stores? Different part number?

Doc8406

LawnSite Fanatic

you didn't go look at the specs before posting didn't you