1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

echo pe200 edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spcfoor, Jun 29, 2004.

1. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know anything about the echo pe200 edger?

2. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Yes. How can I help?

3. spcfoor

is it a good edger? I have just landed a commercial account and prior to this I have just used my weedeater to edge prior to this. I am a part-timer who is looking to go in the business full time. any advice is appreciated.

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Echo Pe 2400. I think it is middle of the road for power, in the Echo line of edgers. There are times when I wish it had a little more power. IMHO, the Pe 200 might be a tad underpowered.

5. spcfoor

thanks tjlc. I may just go and get the sthil 85 edger. that is the one i want but the wife doesnt want me to spend that much money.

6. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

It is lacking a little power, it does the job for part-timers.

7. soonernation

soonernation LawnSite Member
    from Okc OK

I lost my shidaiwa on the interstate do to an irresponsible former employee and baught a 200 from a friend. It gets the job done on maintenance jobs but when I really need to cut through the thick stuff it just dosn't have the power I need. I will upgrade to the shindaiwa ASAP.

8. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

For commercial use, the PE200 would not be recommended. It is strictly a homeowner model. In an Echo I would go no smaller than the PE260 (more power than the FC85), but would highly recommend the PE310. Heavier, yes, but a real beast.

Tell your wife that your tools are what make you money.

9. spcfoor

I really appreciate the input. Thanks

10. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Avoid the Echo and get a Stihl. It is worth the extra money and will last 3 to 4 times as long as the Echo.