1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Echo SRM 210 Brush Blade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Roger Wilkerson, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Roger Wilkerson

Roger Wilkerson LawnSite Member

Hi Folks,

I am not a pro, just a nosy homeowner. After much deliberation I bought the 210 and brush blade kit. I had looked at the Stihl FS 90, the Kaw KBL27A, the Robin BH2500. The Stihl did not fit me, couldn't get comfortable, The Kaw was awesome, just more than I wanted to spend and the Robin was only available via internet and I wanted a local dealer. So...tell me two things.

1. Did I make a good choice?
    2. Does anyone have brush cutting experience with this unit? I am reclaiming part of my woods via controlled burns and my trusty Stihl 029 Farmboss but I need to take down saplings and volunteer trees as well as vines that the stihl can't sink it's teeth into.

I would love some feedback from the pro's

Roger

2. Roger Wilkerson

bump bump bump

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

We keep one 210 with a blade on it full time. It works good, will probably get something bigger soon like the 260 or so, sometimes it can bogg down a little depending on what your cutting. I love the 210 as a string trimmer, we have 4 of them.

4. Roger Wilkerson

Excellent, I always seem to want to buy more than I need. I gave it a ten minute tryout this afternoon and it seemed a little doggy. Do these pick up power as they break in?