Echo SRM-2100 - maintenance, parts, and serial #

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by goldretrvr, Oct 20, 2017.

1. goldretrvr

goldretrvr LawnSite Member

I have an approx. 18 year old Echo SRM-2100 straight shaft trimmer that has worked well (for weekly residential use during the spring, summer and fall seasons). I've replaced the fuel gasket and lines once in the past, and its now time to do so again (along with the primer bulb - which finally gave up).

When researching the part online, I noticed there are few different serial # configs, and I cannot find the serial # on my unit. I do see a sticker that says 'Engine Family: TEH021UB24RA' - but nothing that follows the format of the serial #'s I see when searching for parts. Any way to tell what model I have??

I want to make sure I get the correct parts:
    - fuel line / filter / gasket replacement
    - primer bulb
    - spark plug
    - air filter

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Sean -

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Go to dealer........

3. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Platinum Member

As Fast Eddie said...
    Or compare the parts pics with what ya got, or compare part numbers
    I'm thinkin' the parts yer lookin' fer don't have too many variations.
    Get the number off the carb and check.

hort101 likes this.
  4. goldretrvr

Thanks for the replies - I will check to see if there are any parts visible on the carbs, and look for a local dealer that services the Echo and see what I can find out from them.

Sean -

5. goldretrvr

I found a peeled back serial # label behind the gas tank. It looks like I have an SRM-2100 Type 1-E s/n 626832.

Any recommendations on the best place to get parts online?

Thanks again!

hort101 likes this.
  6. BigFish

With that, ya can look up the correct parts here : https://echoinc.partsmartweb.com/scripts/EmpartISAPI.dll?MF

A lot of what ya need is avail on fleabay, or just google the part number. I've bought some parts I looked up from my local Home Depot of all places. Had to order it and was shipped to the local store for P.U.
    Yer local Echo dealer might surprise ya with their prices. Some end up cheaper than fleabay, etc., so don't overlook 'em.

hort101 likes this.
  7. goldretrvr

Thank you - it looks like the link for partsmartweb.com wants me to login..

But google is wide open - I'll check things out. I appreciate your input!

Sean -

8. BigFish

Just go to the Echo site and click on support, then parts.
    https://www.echo-usa.com/home

9. goldretrvr

An update: I got the maintenance parts I needed (new filter / fuel line / tank gasket / primer bulb / spark plug /air filter).

I am using pre-mixed 50:1 fuel (TruFuel), and I got the trimmer started. I'm finding that once the machine is running, initially I can get it running at the right speed for trimming, but after a few minutes, it will bog down when I use the throttle to increase speed.

Is this a sign of a problem with the carb (adjustments needed) or an issue with something bigger in the engine?

As always, your suggestions are appreciated.

Sean -

10. BigFish

Look, pull the muffler and check the cyl. exhaust port. Could be clogged/partly clogged with carbon buildup. Check the muffler spark screen also, most just toss 'em in the trash.

Could just be a carb adj. ( most echo units need 'em adj).But, like I've always said, I pull the muffler on just about every hand held I work on, you'd be surprised at how many were clogged/partly clogged.

hort101 likes this.