Echo SRM-280T New Carburator Issues

Subdoorgunner

LawnSite Member
(First time here)
Hello,
I have a Echo SRM280T that was not running due to sitting over a year. Cleaned carburator and still nothing. Bought a new carburator. Kit came with everything such as gaskets, lines, filters and plug. (Great compression also) NOW IT'LL IDLE AND DIE(2-5 SEC). Adjusted the idle screw and it runs for 30-45 seconds and dies. Won't start back up. Wait 3-5 min it'll repeat(30-45). Add mixed fuel to the carb through the intake and it'll do the same.
-Maybe the carb isn't passing fuel???
-Manufacturing issue?
Thank you for your time.

Link to carb kit
Amazon.com : HIPA Carburetor with Repower Maintenance Kit for Echo GT225 GT225i GT225L PAS225 PE225 PPF225 SHC225 SRM225 SRM225U Trimmer : Garden & Outdoor
https://www.amazon.com/HIPA-Carburetor-Repower-Maintenance-SRM225U/dp/B019P02C42

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
Maybe the $14 carb is no good? Was you able to find the low needle on either one of the carb? When you adjust idle faster you are simply putting more gas in and that can hurt starting.

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
Are you sure the fuel lines are hooked up correctly ? Does primer bulb fill up and dump into tank?

dboyd351

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sounds like it's not pulling fuel. If the lines are routed correctly, it could be a blocked impulse port, fuel vent, kinked fuel line or clogged fuel filter.

ARN Greencare

LawnSite Senior Member
Those knock off carbs are junk. I have yet to see one work correctly...

ARN Greencare

LawnSite Senior Member
Just noticed, the SRM280 is not listed on that carb as a model it fits...

ARN Greencare

LawnSite Senior Member
Just noticed something else, that is a Zama type carb in the link, didn't the 280's all have Walbros? Or is my mind confused??? Can you post a pic of the original carb?