Echo srm225 issues

brianslawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
My echo trimmer is giving my issues. Won't start. I put a new carb, fuel filter, air filter and plug back in april. And it ran fine until now. Now it won't start. Took carb off tried to clean it, changed the fuel lines and filter, now nothing?

Grassmangrass

LawnSite Member
My echo trimmer is giving my issues. Won't start. I put a new carb, fuel filter, air filter and plug back in april. And it ran fine until now. Now it won't start. Took carb off tried to clean it, changed the fuel lines and filter, now nothing?
Have you checked for spark?
Checked plug after trying to start to see if it is wet with fuel? (assuming you are choking it)

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
What fuel and oil are you running?
Ever checked the spark arrestor screen?

OP
B

brianslawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
You actually leave those things in?
Sure do
Have a 230 thats 5 years old havent checked or had problems since running synthetic oilThumbs Up

OP
B

brianslawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Checked screen it was clean, had spark and still nothing. Primer bulb had vary little fuel, changed bulb same thing? Sounds like air is coming out of bulb. I had a old parts trimmer took carb off that one primer filled and it started right up and ran? How could a brand new carb be bad? I put it on a couple of month ago?

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
Checked screen it was clean, had spark and still nothing. Primer bulb had vary little fuel, changed bulb same thing? Sounds like air is coming out of bulb. I had a old parts trimmer took carb off that one primer filled and it started right up and ran? How could a brand new carb be bad? I put it on a couple of month ago?
What fuel and oil are you running?/QUOTE]