echo srm2620 vibration problems? who else has noticed it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Ready to Mow, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Ready to Mow

Ready to Mow LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone else notice this problem with the new 2620 echo trimmer? It virbrating just above idle speed and it also does it at higher speeds with more line let out. One guy on here got his fixed, but I haven't really heard of anyone else complain. I just called echo and they said to bring it into the dealer, it shouldn't be vibrating. Then again what else would they say. My local dealer who I got it from doesn't know anything about these new trimmers.

Honestly I don't know if I would consider this a problem, but that's one of the things I've always liked about echo's. You can't hardly tell it's running.

2. K c m

K c m LawnSite Bronze Member

Back in 1998-99-00 I worked on a golf course. Did not run the trimmer in question, But did run fs-85's. all day every day. Not sure why i thought of this. but I would submerge the cutting head in a little crick when it started numbing my hands due to vibration. After doing this it cured the problem. Maybe a spackle bucket filled with water and dip in the head and run for like 10 seconds?

3. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a post from the PPETEN board. I thought it might be relevant to your situation.

4. OP
    OP
    Ready to Mow

Mine says feb 2016 and the first three letters are T871. So that means it's been updated?

5. Merkava_4

He's saying the serials need to have a prefix of T942, T943, or T944 to have the new upgraded flex cable. I suspect in an effort to lighten the trimmer up, they tried to go with a hollow drive shaft and I suspect the hollow shafts are harder to balance than the old tried and true solid shafts. Your trimmer might qualify for a replacement.

6. OP
    OP
    Ready to Mow

So they are going from the solid shaft to a regular flex shaft?

7. OP
    OP
    Ready to Mow

It says Dec 2016 or later to have the update I believe

8. Merkava_4

If you have the updated series with the flex shaft already installed, that'll mean you're running out of options quick. Hopefully yours is the earlier series with the out of balance hollow shaft.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Local dealer has switched out shafts.....unit runs smoother without shield and with black vortex line.

10. Merkava_4

ed2hess,

How do you know that ? You got some inside information that the rest of us don't know ?