Echo TC-210 Tiller Carburetor issues

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jlbf0786, Aug 14, 2012.

1. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

I have an ECHO TC-210 Tiller with Carburetor - Zama C1U-K54.

It's not wanting to run at full throttle, its bogging down and running sluggish when under load.

I've removed the 2 carb limiter caps on the H+ L- mixture screws, tried to reset carburetor to the traditional Mantis settings.
    H= 2 out
    L= 1-1/2 out
    But now its worse than before!

So before I make a bigger mess of it can someone tell me what the ideal settings for this particular carburetor would be?

_____

Thanks

J Barringer
    Charlotte NC

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

I've always used 1 1/4-1 1/2 as a starting point then fine tune from there by adjusting the low speed first then the high speed. Most of the time any change in low speed adjustment will require a high speed adjustment.

If it doesn't work out, rebuild the carb.

Before you go through the rebuild process make sure you have adequate compression, fuel lines are good, new intank fuel filter, new plug, clean air filter and remove the muffler to make sure the exhaust port is clear. While the muffler is off, inspect the cylinder and piston for any scoring/metal transfer, particularly if the compression is low

3. OP
    OP
    jlbf0786

Male, from Charlotte, NC

Thanks dutch1, I appreciate the feedback.

It's just bogging down at full throttle, I tried setting the carb at 1-1/2 LOW and 2 High..

Whats the factory settings for these ECHO tillers?
    The owners manual doesn't say anything specific, it just refers to the adjustments (if the limiter caps are still on the L & H screws)
    and I took mine off awhile back.

I bought it brand new last year and didn't use it more than a few hrs, I honestly didn't care for it since day 1.
    Even though the Mantis are supposed to be the same as the Echo TS210 tillers, the mantis tillers just seem to run much better.

4. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

jb, it doesn't really matter what the factory settings were(and can't pinpoint what they were) --you're trying to adjust now, a year later. The initial settings I gave you should get it to run--then adjust from there. If you're really interested in the recommended setting, you may want to go to www.zamacarb.com and check it out.

Regarding Echo/Mantis, I've been out of the shop for a while so don't know what the current arrangement between Echo and Mantis might be. Back then, the Echo and Mantis were identical except for colors. Mantis made the tiller/transmission for Echo and Echo made the engine for Mantis. Don't know if it's still the case or not.

5. OP
    OP
    jlbf0786

Male, from Charlotte, NC

I'll give your recommended settings a shot 1st thing tomorrow, i'll let you know what happens.

I appreciate your help.

-jb

6. tallman1948

tallman1948 LawnSite Member

I would like to know now this turned out, as I have the same problem. I can't seem to get the Carb settings right...