echo trimmer engine size

johntx14

LawnSite Member
When it comes to trimmer engines is there that much of a difference in a 21.2cc and 22.8cc same exact brand and only difference is the engine size. I think there is a 60 to 75 dollar difference is it worth the money.

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
Maybe a little. the big difference is the 22.8cc engine is the Tornado 2 rings engine. But the 21.2 cc engine is well proven to be a reliable engine also. I would say, for light trimming, the 21cc is very good. But for heavier trimming, I would go for even a bigger one like Husqvarna 223 that is 25cc and perfect track record and only $250 last I check a year ago. Cheaper and lighter than the SRM230.

JMHO

RGM

LawnSite Senior Member
The srm225 is a 21.2 cc engine is rated as a home owner unit. The srm230 is 22.8 cc is rated as a part time commercial unit When you get up to the srm260-266 units depending on where you get it is where full commercial starts with the 25.8 cc engine.

RGM

LawnSite Senior Member
where ever you buy echo should be same price sometimes you can get clearance ones at home depot this time of year

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

LawnSite Senior Member
where ever you buy echo should be same price sometimes you can get clearance ones at home depot this time of year

At my local home depot they don't even have anything outdoor power equipment related during the winter besides:
- leaf blowers
-trimmer string
-chain saws
-snow blowers
Might that just be because I am in Canada???
Just wondering...........................................

Last edited:

RGM

LawnSite Senior Member
The whole line of echo is available on interenet at homedepot.com

bel-nor

LawnSite Member
There is a difference between the SRM 225 and the SRM 230. The SRM 230 (both) I bought a home depot the price is the same at the dealer. Great trimmers never had a problem with neither. Be sure to do the yearly tuneup maintenance they last a long time. NOW LETS TALK POWER SRM 280 28cc. THATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REGULAR STRAIGHT LEG JEANS VS BALL ROOM JEANS. Granted it is $100 plus extra but for overgrown commercial work it can not be beat. You feel and hear the difference. This model I bought from my dealer while a demonstrater (tech rep) from Echo was present. Started stalling on a job due to a bad gasket install dealer had it back to me the next day. Always match the proper line size with premium line and you can not go wrong. I will let a helper use the SRM 230 I have to use the SRM 280 the power and speed are awesome. Its 31 degrees hear .....i think I'l go out to the garage and start it for the hell of it in the driveway....yeah!