Echo Trimmer exhaust oil

Lawnfeller

LawnSite Member
I have 5 of these we run throughout the year and this one is new and seems to be exhausting a lot of oil. Can someone tell me what’s going with it? It’s only a week old, runs perfect but I’ve never seen this with any of my other trimmers. Look closely at the exhaust and you will see all the oil. It’s actually running down the engine cover.

Thank you.

BEF96F45-37D8-4367-9CE8-78F6668A18B1.jpeg

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
a lot of oil mixes do this. i'm using husqvarna xp plus oil now and it seems to have solved the issue for me. the echo red armor will leak out the exhaust like that. it did when i tried it.

burnwicked

LawnSite Member
Same problem except in a srm 2620t. The oil actually trapped the soot that should be expelled in the exhaust and a clump of it found its way to the cylinder. Less than 16 hours on it, Stihl mix we've been using for years, no issues with any other equipment....

IMG_20190730_015445.jpg

View attachment 385757

burnwicked

LawnSite Member
If this is exhaust port that is a problem......may be oily but should be clean.
I thoroughly cleaned it but the damage was done. That picture was minutes after viewing the port and the area that looks clean actually was because that piece of carbon was sliding around freely

OP
L

Lawnfeller

LawnSite Member
B156FD69-A718-4547-A0DB-E1C7C4322B63.jpeg
I’m running Mobil 1 and using it on all my other stihl and echo tools including other echo trimmers and this is the only one doing this. I will add though this is the newest trimmer so is it possible echo changed something? I have attached one of my other trimmers that’s been running this oil daily for three seasons and as you can see it’s completely dry.

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
I’m running Mobil 1 and using it on all my other stihl and echo tools including other echo trimmers and this is the only one doing this.
Well I'll be... I didn't know Mobil 1 made a 2cycle oil !!
Googled it and found it's been around for like 15 years. Who knew ?
But then, I don't use very much mix.
Looks like it started out as a clear oil without stabilizers in it.
Did they add dye and stabilizers ?

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
Where can you even get mobil 1 2T in the states? I remember running in years ago in 2 cycle bikes and atv's, but haven't seen it in a decade or longer. That would be a good go too oil if they could make it available again.

Concerning the drip, all of mine do it and they do it worse with amsoil saber for some reason.