Echo Trimmer Head ?

TNGrassCutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anybody else having problems with echo trimmer heads wearing out? I have had 2, a uturn and an echomatic pro wear out in about 6 months. When I bump them to let out more line, it lets out about 2 feet on each side. I think it is the little plastic pieces on the inside wearing out. Anybody have this problem?
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnkingforever

LawnSite Bronze Member
I hated those uturn heads. In theory they are suppose to make things easier, but in reality they are a pita. I went through 3 last season on my 210 trimmer. I switched this year to the Speedfeed 375LH trimmer head. The part# for mine is 99944200902. My dealer had them for 27$. Alot easier to load than the uturn.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr.NewEarth

LawnSite Bronze Member
That sounds like an internal spring problem? I'm not aware of the model numbers that I use. But if the spring gets lost, the line keeps coming out long.

I painted all of our trimmer head springs red so they can be seen in the grass if they fall out during a line change.

I'm not sure if this is the problem or not?

bocas

LawnSite Member
I just ordered a speed feed universal 450 from Casadega Edge & Engine for $27. Best prive I have seen and he shipped the same day. I have an Echo SRM-265, the Echo model is $2 less. He is a member here.
Dennis, Bocas del Toro, Panama