Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, new plug, air filter, gas filter. and STILL it won't trim, it'll edge, and if I tilt it a little farther back to the almost upside down position it runs like it ought to, otherwise in the trimming position, it will not open up. Any ideas??
Yeah, I know its only a 2100, but for as few accounts as I have, it's all I can afford at the moment.
Thanks in advance,
Norm

·
Registered
487 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me with my JD timmer and it was the fuel pickup inthe gas tank. Make sure it sits down were the gas is when you lift it up and that it is not lodged in the corner or something.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Check the fuel line carefully. I just had a problem with my 2100. It turned out that the black rubber line was poor quality which allowed the carb to suck air in some postions and to spray fuel in others. Go with a good clear line....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE!!

not the fuel line. But I think it is the little white vent up near the rear of the motor. my dealer was out of them, so I get to deal with it till Wednesday!!
Norm

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by Movinfr8
UPDATE!!

not the fuel line. But I think it is the little white vent up near the rear of the motor. my dealer was out of them, so I get to deal with it till Wednesday!!
Norm
it's called a duck bill & yes that can be a problem also remember there is a fuel filter inside the tank

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to fix mine by pulling the vent line up (the 1 with the tiny white filter coming out of the gas tank) to where it sets above the gas level when the tank is full. It was sitting too deep in the tank to where it was submerged in the gas and unable to pull air causing the tank to vapor lock and the motor to stall out. It would run upside down because it created an air bubble in the gas tank just above the vent line when flipped over or turned at an angle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 225 acted the same way once the fuel level got to 1/2 or below. It ended up being the filter in the tank was not laying on bottom of the tank. If I turned it upside down the filter would move and pick up fuel. I cut the fuel line off where the filter would lay on bottom of tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts