• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Echo trimmer

chefdrp

LawnSite Bronze Member
Can anyone tell me if the 17" 21.2cc straight shaft trimmer is anygood I saw an add for $199.00 #306575. I am in need of a new one this year.

Martino

LawnSite Bronze Member
It's a great trimmer, but I would consider it light commercial duty. I would step up to the 230, or better yet, the 260.

Blades of Steel

LawnSite Senior Member
I ran 2 SRM-2100's for 2 seasons. They ran like crazy but ran out of guts. They are okay as long as your doing light trimming, nothing heavy. I have a srm-260 and it a a nice unit just a little heavy.

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a 210i. The starting systems is great. I don't care for the balance of the trimmer though. Guess I'm used to a heavier unit. Anyhow, it performs wel but feels more like a Ryobi or some homeowner unit. If you were local I sell it to ya, it has only had one spool run on it. If I were you, I'd go with at least the 260.

grshppr

LawnSite Senior Member
Chefdrp I have that trimmer you are talking about. I bought it rather than renting one for a week while my Kawasaki was getting fixed. Its a pretty light duty machine, and I bet you'd wear it out in a year. Its a good "backup" trimmer, but I'd get one with bigger cc's.

lawnagent

LawnSite Senior Member
I used to use only 2100's as they were or 210's as they are now.I used them on about 40 accounts per week April thru Oct. I used to average about 2 years out of one trimmer. Then I went to the 2400, or 240. It lasted about 3 years. Had ton more power though. Was worth the extra money. Last year I went to the 260S and love it. I wish I had done so sooner. I have never yet needed all the power its got and it is lighter weight than the 210 and 240. Made out of the lighter weight metal that is supposed to be just as srong as the old metal ones. Also more ergonomically balanced.
This is a long answer to a simple question. Bottom Line is for the price, they are a GREAT trimmer.