• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

echo trouble?!!!!!!!

Raven386

LawnSite Silver Member
i sometimes have that problem , it gets stuck but when i move it around it comes off. take it back to the dealer if its brand new.

tallimeca

LawnSite Bronze Member
if it's on an srm trimmer, it should be a 2150030 head. Push the spool in and turn clockwise, you should feel it pop, then pull off.

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
if it's on an srm trimmer, it should be a 2150030 head. Push the spool in and turn clockwise, you should feel it pop, then pull off.
I have a second question.....I noticed that these Echo lookalike heads that JThomas handles has a slight different release. You can turn the head in either direction to release it. But it is MUCH harder...almost worthless. I hope Echo stays with their present design.

howardsells2000

LawnSite Senior Member
I had a lot of problems with mine. I have changed my echo trimmer head and replaced it with the Husquavarna head. After the initail cost of changing the head it is cheaper to replace the bumb heads and I don't have trouble with the string feeding.

LCPullman

LawnSite Senior Member
We use the Echomatic Pro head with a divided spool. It is very easy to get the spool out of the head. The original ones we used weren't Pro models and they were much harder to get the spool unsnapped. The Pro head only costs $22 and it works alot better than the non-pro head.

tallimeca

LawnSite Bronze Member
the pro heads are a heavier plastic. 22.99 is really cheap. Just about dealer cost!!!.

Don't be immatation heads. I tried the oregon heads and they just weren't the same. Customers didn't like them.

Just started with husky recently, but have experience with them, although, the bumper buttons are replacable, in my experience, the less parts to come apart on a trimmer head the better.

Echo SRM head have the head.....and the spool.

The Redmax heads have the cover, bumper, spool, and spring. If they come apart, crap goes everywhere.