1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Echo Vs. Stihl??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MrUPS, Jul 19, 2002.

1. MrUPS

MrUPS LawnSite Member

What is everyone's opinion on Echo vs Stihl??

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I am quite happy with my echo PB-602 backpack blower and my Stihl FS-80 trimmer. :)

And, I imagine that if I dropped my echo blower on my stihl trimmer from a height of 40 feet, I would probably do a lot of damage to both. :D

3. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl was around first right? Looks to me like everyone copies there products.
    Whats that tell you?

4. STIHL

5. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

I use both, but I like Stihl alot more...they're easier to use, easier to work on, are made better, and last a lot longer...

6. MrUPS

MrUPS LawnSite Member

Thanks guys I was leaning towards the Stihl, Only for the reason they were just a little cheaper, I was quoted 560 for the string trimmer and the 90* adjustable hedge clippers. The echo was 650. Do these sound ok??
    Rob

7. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

Go with Stihl. You will not regret spending a little extra money for it.

8. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

All my equipment is Stihl . ( trimmers,edges,blowers,hedge trimmers,chainsaw) STIHL IS # 1

9. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

$560 and $650???? i have 4 stihl trimmers fs80 and fs85's. none were more than $$280.
    -nick

10. gwoods

gwoods LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

i started buying stihl because i get them at 10% over cost i bought a fs-75 edger,two bg55 blowers, stihl axe, fs85 extreme trimmer lighter than most trimmers on the market ( because my shindiawa went down),farm boss,hs45 hedgetrimmer. best equipment i have ever run.