1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

ECS pain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EMackIV, Jun 9, 2004.

1. EMackIV

EMackIV LawnSite Member

For those of you using ECS when you first started using it did you get blisters on your hands? Today I was my first time using them for a while and my hands have blisters where the controls are.

2. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I didnt get blisters, but at first my hands were sore at the end of the day. After using it for a while longer it no longer is a issue. I think the ecs controls loosend up a bit, and my hands got stronger. Im using them on a hydro. I looked like a ass the first couple of time using it. I was used to my belt drive t bar toro. My brother tried it out and said the exact same thing I did when I was at the dealership - those controls are ass backward. But now I have the "touch" and I love em, and I have THE HANDSHAKE.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

My hands are hurting too. I had to take off the OPC's so i could mow . I dont recommend doing this if you have people working for you.
    John

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

They Soften up w/use....Some of the ECS controls do remain slightly stiffer than others for Some Reason...

Cut a Groove for the OPC's or Rebend them if there Slightly Off!

5. not_as_noun

not_as_noun LawnSite Member
    from West GA

It wasn't on my hands I got blisters, it was on the inside of the knuckles on my thumbs! Now those spots are pretty well calloused, and I don't notice anything.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I forgot check the tension where the wheel motors are. There are three settings.
    Also my Hans are soft from the lazers levers.
    John