Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i looked at an exmark metro today the dealer advised getting the pistol grip over the ecs system based on the fact that it is gear driven and he thought he that one gets better leverage with the pistol grip...i had heard that exmark was converting all there mowers to the ecs system..it's $100 for the upgrade

any thoughts? get it or not?

·
Registered
177 Posts
ditto what o-so-n-so said, I haven't had pistol, but ECS is VERY nice, and comfy. The driver presence bar gets on my nerves, but other than that...
Only thing I have noticed, is that with ECS, if you ran into something, like say, my mailbox or my sailboat trailer tongue, it would try to crush your hand, as opposed to pistol it would drag your hand off it. but I caught both of those a few inches from contact!!
Norm

·
Banned
533 Posts
I have demoed pistol grips, but have never owned one. Last year, my 1st season, I was using Toro Proline 21's. My 1st larger mower is my Exmark Viking 32 with the ECS. The ECS has been great.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Quick question about ECS. I have pistol grips on my Bunton. If I'm coming up to a small rock, I just push down on the grips, raise the front of the mower over it and keep going. Can you do this with ECS?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd like to hear from Ultimate lawn nefore i make a final decision on this one since he has the exact mower i am looking to purchase...and since he has done the conversion, I'd like to know the pros and cons...Ultimate lawn if you are out there..please respond

thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how much do they cost...the Toro t-bar...and which model...i'm going to the web site to take a look....everybody was saying exmark exmark exmark on this board...i thought that the toros were more expensive?...i posted also about comparing the JD GS30 to the metro 36ich...any thoughts on that comparison?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.