1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

EDDM Advertising and Post Card Printing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Jan 23, 2013.

1. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

wow lots of info thanks guys
    i want to wrap a few box trucks and
    leave them on main roads and in traffic at rush hour.

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I like what bob did, but I think the full package price point is too high and will scare people off. There is just too many services in there and I think people might think it is over kill. A less comprehensive package with a lower price point would be more appealing to a potential customer with the option to add more services. Just my opinion.

3. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

i kind of agree with this, but depending on demographics, this could be very affordable to some people. Some of my contracts for full maintenance are on upwards of 500-600 per month all 12 months for everything for their property.

215 is, i think, a good starting point, but i would involve less blanketed services for next time.

4. DLONGLANDSCAPING

i sent my test batch out and didnt get too many calls, but there is still snow on the ground. Im not too worried becasue i just organized my 10k postcard batch tonight, that should yield some calls.

I am kinda switching what i am going to do advertising wise around(how they are going to get to homes)

I am starting to be cheap with my money(which is how i always should be) but i am sick of spending hundreds on EDDM. So far to date i have spent 1200 dollars at the post office in the last 3 weeks. Now with my 10,000 fliers going out, its going to be an additional 1600 dollars ish.

I was going to EDDM another 10k but i think i am going to pass them out by hand with the neighborhood kids and my gf's brothers hockey team.

Save some money, and give the kids some slurpee money. :)

Advertising is damn expensive, especailly when im ordering new signs for my trailers, painting everything up, doing equipment maintenance, and ordering new uniforms for everyone.

I cant wait to make some money!

5. DLONGLANDSCAPING

Jcontracting, did you do the belgard fireplace kit? that looks very familiar to someone else's work on here , i cant put a name to it, but i think ive seen that on here. Looks nice though

6. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

No that picture is from one of the manufactures websites or brochures.

7. DLONGLANDSCAPING

thats where i saw it!

At my supplier they have these thing pre-built, on 6 pallets. All you have to do it make a 3 foot deep footer and pad to put these on and they are bolt/mortar together.

something like 6k for the whole kit.

8. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah that's out of the Belgard catalog, my teacher that owns a good sized high end install company knew it right away when I showed him the proofs of my cards. I wish I built that! My goal for this year is to do at least 1 waterfall and one outdoor fireplace.

9. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

Did they let you use the pics?

10. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob @ Plan-It had on another postcard and I saw it and I wanted it.
    Posted via Mobile Device