Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today my trimmer/edger broke and i need to know what kind of edger and trimmer are good to use the one i had was interchangable so i could switch from edger to trimmer well today the connector for the 2 cables in the shaft sheered.

im sick of the interchangable stuff and want something else something better what would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Edgit, With a Shindawia or Redmax Trimmer.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I got husq trimmers.... They work decent but extended periods of operating they get real hot. They are strong and light tho and I got them at dealer cost so it was a good deal. 3 plus years on one and never did anything but plugs and line.

I got an echo edger a while back and its very easy to use with good power. All the majors are pretty good. Go grab a few and see what feels right to you and which you will get good service after the sale with. Do yourself a favor and buy from a dealer tho and not lowes home depot type place or you will never get service. Stihl , Echo, Redmax, Shindawa, Maruyama, all seemed to work well when I have tried them at one time or another.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well my closest dealer only sells echo and stihl if i wanted nething else 20-30 minutes is the next closest dealer. the dealer i ben goin to is practically rite down the road from me and plus stihl and echo seem to be great product just wanted to know which was better before i go drop about 600 there on a trimmer and edger

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
ajlandscaping said:
how do/did you get dealer prices?
I work part time for a farm and ranch store that sells husq and then I work more or less full time there when the winters get slow mowing. May have enough mowing this winter with leaf clean ups and such to stay busy tho.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Redmax, Husky. just started using a Husqvarna 326L, very good trimmer. Light, easy to use, head works good. @2400s or 2600s redmax's are very good trimmers also. good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.