1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

edger promlems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All Green, Jun 25, 2000.

1. All Green

All Green LawnSite Member

will start fine idils good not enought power to turn blade carb checks out fine? got any ideas.

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

am having the same problem right now with my redmax weedwacker! the muffler port is clogged with buildup from the oil in the 2 cycle mix.... this has been happening to my trimmer 1-2 times per year for the past 3 years! my dealer told me when it happened last year not to use lawnboy mix anymore because its so rich but to switch to echo, so i did and now its happening again! starts in 1 or 2 pulls but dosnt even have enough power to cut grass!

3. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

A couple of things come to mind..Remove sparkarrestor screen....change spark plug "this worked for me"...how does the fuel filter look....also air filter?

4. OP
    OP
    All Green

All Green LawnSite Member

thanks it was muffler screen