Edger....

canes2win

LawnSite Member
I have a echo edger, it basically redifines the edge. then i have a Stihl edger basically for sidewalks... I really want an awesome edger, full blown edger. any suggestions... thanks guys.. and damn i am bored as hell right now. i dont do snow removal, just cut lawns etc.... the winter sucks. drink more sleep more yada yada yada YADA!

Thanksman

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have a echo edger, it basically redifines the edge. then i have a Stihl edger basically for sidewalks... I really want an awesome edger, full blown edger. any suggestions... thanks guys.. and damn i am bored as hell right now. i dont do snow removal, just cut lawns etc.... the winter sucks. drink more sleep more yada yada yada YADA!
Both stick edgers???

RLS24

LawnSite Bronze Member
do you have that Echo Bed Re-Definer thing? with like the really big blade on it? if so, you can just order a regular edger guard and blade for it and have a really powerful stick edger. If you want an actual walk behind edger, I would recommend a McLane. I have one and I really like it, its great for doing first-time edges on sidewalks and I use it a lot on some of my bigger commercial properties that have really long, straight stretches of sidewalk. But for the smaller edging jobs, especially that have curves in the sidewalk I use the stick edger, the walk behind one isnt very good in tight spots or on curves.

Merkava_4

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've got a McLane with the big 8 inch wheels and the light weight Briggs & Stratton.
I like it a little bit better than PowerTrim, but they're both excellent machines.

luis@NJ

LawnSite Senior Member
I second the power trim! I own one and its great! little wonder is good to :weightlifter: