1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

edging installation help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JLIND2100, Apr 12, 2007.

1. JLIND2100

JLIND2100 LawnSite Member

I'm getting ready to start a job where i will be putting in some of the black plastic edging
    ( and i tried to talk her out of that stuff but she wouldn't listen), along with weed block and some rocks. i was think of maybe renting a bed edger or lawn edger but i have never used either and i just wanted to get some opinions of what would be the best idea. the area i have to do is about 200 ft.

2. ToroMaster

ToroMaster LawnSite Member
    from Neenah

don't be a ****** and rent the bed edger. Your edging will look like crap if you don't.

3. green horizons

green horizons LawnSite Member
    from zone 5

If you're installing the black plastic edging, you can skip the bed edger. A straight-edged shovel will work. However, a bed edger will be quicker and the edge crisper. Either way, the plastic edging will look poor within a season or two. Just the nature of the product.

4. Scottscape

Scottscape LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

rent one, you won't be disatisfied and you will want to rent one every time you do an edge or maybe buy one.