1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Edging Options?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Beartooth, May 24, 2007.

1. Beartooth

Beartooth LawnSite Member

I am looking for some suggestions on edging between lawn and bedding areas. My customer does not like concrete curbing, vinyl, steel, or aluminum. I am leaning towards cut native stone. This is a very high-end customer and also very picky. Any ideas?

2. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

stone looks good, or brick, even something that matches the house or siding might work to.....just dont get anything cheap or tacky

3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Cobblestone or brick are good choices for a more finished look. Use stone if you want a more rugged look.

4. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Natural... only way to go, keep a nice deep edge so mulch doesn't spill onto the lawn, flip your weedwhacker over e/o week and keep a fresh edge. There is nothing more natural looking

5. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

A home owner posted these somewhere else, I like the natural look.

Hopefuly it might give you some ideas..

2006_0625DeniseandDave0149.jpg

2006_0625DeniseandDave0150.jpg

2006_0625DeniseandDave0151.jpg

6. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

7. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, 90% of our landscapings have went to this.

8. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

I too love the look of a natural edge I tend to call it a sunken edge. i am now trying to decide which bed edger to go with thinking bed-bug. for me Liriope is a great alternative