1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Edgit trimmer attachments

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use the Edgit trimmer attachments? I see where in my area some of the biggest lawn care companies use them on their trimmers .. and they actually do a nice job edging!

I use Sthil trimmers, and Edgit says their attachment does not fit my model. I haven't asked them yet actually why it doesn't fit .. but I am almost inclined to get a new trimmer that it will fit and try one.

I doubted them until I noticed Brickman using them here everywhere.

Suggestions .. ideas .. thoughts?

2. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

Looks pretty good. As ong as you have a pretty strong Whip. Also It will be a pretty dirty/ dangerous piece of equipment... I have a Edged with 2 blades and no guard uses for bed edging and making MONITOR edges on lawns and it really flings stuff back!

3. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I knew what they were, but not what they were called. Called my dealer earlier today - I'll probably order one. Hopefully won't be a wasted $60, but if it is, well, it won't be the end of the world.

4. Triton2286

Triton2286 LawnSite Member

You would try something just because Brickman had it? That's the opposite of what I would do lol.

5. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

My only point is that everything they do is cold bloodedly efficient. They wouldn't use it if it doesn't help efficiency. And by the way, I got it and I love it. It helps me go a little bit faster, but the job quality is more consistent - especially at the end of the day when we all start to get a little tired.

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Been using them for several years now. I won't use a trimmer without one.

7. jburt

jburt LawnSite Member

I will never again own a trimmer that accepts an attachment. I will keep the ones i have and use it for the sheers and light duty chain saw. They don't work well. they wiggle and that annoys me. unless they make a screw that goes into the attachment that will hold it tightly in place i wont get another.

8. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

This thread isn't about the kombi units or multi-tools. It's about the edgit.

www.edgit.com

9. Triton2286

Triton2286 LawnSite Member

Some people just love to only read the title and then go off on something completely different.

10. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Our local Valley Crest branch uses them. I doubt they'd use them if they didn't help...