• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

education

1idejim

LawnSite Fanatic
i received an invite to a "1881" siminar at ewing in redding today. the speaker will be hunter rep don franklin, listened to him once before and look forward to another meeting.

we live in an area of multipule catch 22's, title 20, backflow testing, water management and enforcment issues.

the laws seem to go into effect, but bypass our area, the local purveyors are waiting until someone takes them by the hand and makes them implement enforcement procedures.

don's a good speaker and i'm looking forward to the siminar :)

OP
1idejim

1idejim

LawnSite Fanatic
No charge for spelling; sit in the back; don't chuckle; if you do, make it seem like a slight cough.
oh dopey me, i forgot that the spelling nazi was alive and well in moon shadow, az. :dizzy:

mike, i'm there to learn as much as i can (trying to catch up to you guys) so you can bet i'll not be sleeping. i'll take notes and report back for review.

mitchgo

LawnSite Gold Member
So I asked the boss man if I can take the locator home to gain better experience.

He said I can take the wire locator home, but he didn't say much on the leak detector.. I forgot to grab it at the end of my day today.
I figure if I get good at this utility locator and show him then he will let me bring the leak detector home ( Funny thing is the utility locator cost more then the leak detector)

He was reluctant... Then I brought up the biggest important point that none of us know how to use these devices well, so it won't help having them if we don't have the experience.

mitchgo

LawnSite Gold Member
Nah not at all, I think it's more the line that he's handing out his newly like $4,000 piece of equipment to a young guy that might break it.

Who is John Malt

LawnSite Senior Member
Dang kids and their rock and roll music!

He lets you drive a service truck, yes? :laugh: