EFI engines

Curtis

LawnSite Member
I was considering an EFI engine because gas seems to go up daily, but the dealer says when something breaks plus the initial 2000k for the engine far out weighs the fuel economy that you would expect. Diesels are heavy enough to destroy a residential yard . They've got us no matter how you look at it.

tacoma200

LawnSite Fanatic
I was considering an EFI engine because gas seems to go up daily, but the dealer says when something breaks plus the initial 2000k for the engine far out weighs the fuel economy that you would expect. Diesels are heavy enough to destroy a residential yard . They've got us no matter how you look at it.
$2,000 extra for an efi/dfi engine sounds excessive. I would try more dealers. Maybe $500 to $1000? Many small dealers still don't want to work on EFI.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
$2000 for the difference between fuel injection and non-fuel injection? I would be shopping around. And yes, while there are some components there that aren't found on standard carbureted units, the efi actually increases the running life of the engine extensively.