Ego vs Dewalt for electric hedge trimmers?

mayhem69

LawnSite Member
I can get a Ego 2411 with battery and charger for $179+tax with promo code. EGO POWER+ 56-Volt 24-in Dual Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer 2.5 Ah (Battery Included and Charger Included) in the Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmers department at Lowes.com

I can get the Dewalt 20v for $129 and i already have a few of the 20v Dewalt batteries.
DEWALT 22 in. 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer (Tool Only)-DCHT820B - The Home Depot

Any of you guys use the electric yet. Im thinking they would come in handy with small shrubs such as boxwoods, etc

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
I run a Kobalt 40v. If it were me, maybe get th dewalt and see how the 20v performs since you have batteries. But I feel like it will be underpowered a bit. If it doesn't work well enough, return it and exchange it. I got the kobalt because i already had the 40v handheld blower. I use it 90% of the time. I used the hedge trimmer twice last week and am happy with it's performance.

Bitches_Brew

Banned
I can get a Ego 2411 with battery and charger for $179+tax with promo code. EGO POWER+ 56-Volt 24-in Dual Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer 2.5 Ah (Battery Included and Charger Included) in the Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmers department at Lowes.com

I can get the Dewalt 20v for $129 and i already have a few of the 20v Dewalt batteries.
DEWALT 22 in. 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer (Tool Only)-DCHT820B - The Home Depot

Any of you guys use the electric yet. Im thinking they would come in handy with small shrubs such as boxwoods, etc

I have the dewalt and it works great for occasional use. If I were doing shrubs every day, I would go gas.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
I like battery string trimmers as replacements for under 23cc gas and the 650 cfm hh Ego blower to replace hh gas but would stay far away from batt hedge trimmers. Every brand I’ve tried slows down the teeth to boost runtime.

This means slower than gas trimming. Not acceptable if your time is worth anything. Almost as bad as the idiotic battery single stage snowblowers that don’t allow the rubber paddles to contact the pavement to boost runtime. Crap

Last edited:

Top Forums