• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

electric broadcast spreader?

ludwiglawncare

LawnSite Member
I was just wondering if anyone out there has used any of the 4mowerproducts? I am looking for a good broadcast spreader to mount on the zero turn and this one is a significantly cheaper than the copetition. I saw the adverstisemnt in a lawncare magazine and then checked out the website. Can't wait to get back to work !!

BobR

LawnSite Senior Member
I have used a JRCO electric spreader on my Z for three years. Pricy but a great product.. No more red face and pounding chest from pushing a spreader for me...

BobR

ANDY-W

LawnSite Member
We use Spyker electrics on our z-sprays and one on a gator. They are expensive but worth it. We tried a 4mower unit and the solenoid kept failing. Good luck

Ric

LawnSite Fanatic
Do a search here at Lawnsite. There are many pictures of them. I mounded my electric spreader then saw someone Else's Idea on mounding them. Wished I had done it there way.

Install a Rheostat to control broadcast wheel speed and you can adjust your width. However realize you must calibrate to that width.

Riding is a lot easier than pushing, you will love the electric spreader.

ladylawncare

LawnSite Member
Just purchased a JRCO electric broadcast spreader for my 36" toro walker It did cost but I am in hopes it is accurate and holds up well I am too old to push a spreader
Neil Young said it Best "Comes a Time" :D
Anyway I plan on getting into lawn apps this yeaaar got the license etc.. and going to start with granular and back pacI did see a really great spreader mate add so maybe by mid summer if the $$ is right I will get
Sue

ladylawncare

LawnSite Member
Got the broadcast JRCO today.. Went to calibrate. Ok got the speed of my toro for 88ft2 no problem put in fert 1/2 rate I like to make 2 passes so no streak. Pull gate control --no go pull agan comes out!!!:angry: ok look under machine and nut holding deflector is gone and set screw holding cable to gate is gone :angry: :angry: :angry: Could have fixed but paid good money for this..Talk to salesman duh Serviceman must have put the spreader on and not tightened anything down be out Mon. to fix :angry: :angry: Excuse me but I'm a girl and I know enough to tighten the :angry: screws down so check over your machine before use
Sue

BobR

LawnSite Senior Member
LADYLAWNCARE - Oops not a great beginning, got mine direct from the factory (foot control) not one problem in three years. I also do not like stripes and do apps with the two pass method. Just be careful not to over apply.

BobR