1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Electric curb machines? Anyone here use one?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Littletruck, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Littletruck

Littletruck LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I am pondering getting into curbing next spring, has anyone here used one of those really cheap electric machines? I see them on Ebay etc.. and I gota tell ya, after looking at the expensive machines I am not that impressed with what you get for your $4000 - $5000.

And please, leave out the "you get what you pay for" comments. That is not at all true in this case, $5000 for a landscape curb machine is a joke. I could see $1500 for a gas unit, but $5k is almost enough to buy a used terramite or a decent used truck these days.

2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bout an entire package for 9000 slightly used. Trailer, bed edger, curbing and much more stuff. I havent picked it up yet but I will let you know. At the price and condition I bought the package I cant go wrong. I can do 5 to 6 jobs a year and it will pays for itself. Im interested in anything that has high margin and that I can complete in one or two days. Plus it should help with installs.

3. Littletruck

Littletruck LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

So nobody here has used the electric curb machines?

4. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I just stop by to look at pics and learn up on stuff in this section but I just dont see many guys from this forum being big on concrete curbing. I think it has its uses but from the pics that most guys post of their work on here, I just dont see them using concrete edging for very many jobs.