Lawn Care Forum banner

electric jack for trailer tongue

4K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  RussellB 
#1 ·
any recommendations? I always used hand cranks but I'm getting old.

Looking for some speed!

Reactions: hort101
#3 ·
I have two different models. One is connected to my on board trailer battery and the other is plugged into the truck via outlet for trailer wiring. Both work great and been in service for approximately one year. I'll try to grab the model numbers tomorrow. Life is so much better with electric jacks. The only installation issue I had was that I had to redrill a couple holes to get them to fit. They did not line up with the factory bolt holes.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Plant Shorts Leg Leaf Grass

My 4 year old can get this one, man up. Seriously I do like the swing down style. Drop it down give it a few cranks and done. I almost went electric till I noticed I couldn't drop the tailgate with a trailer.

Reactions: JLSLLC
#9 ·
Thanks! the body has a side door which you can load to curb side. Glad I went aluminum.

#11 ·
I do not like the screw ones that go straight down , I do not know the name of the one I had on the car trailer but it was built like a sissors Jack with a big semi truck foot pad and had a 2 speed box on it , you kicked it in high to take up the space and then low range to lift or lower with a load on it . was about $200 . if I can find the paperwork I will list it , I bought it from a boat supply place in Virginia . what was nice was it was all tucked in the "A" frame structure so you could use a tailgate or barn door( suburban-van ) and no way to kick out when extended ( I have seen too many of the rotating ones rotate at the wrong moment or the pivot sheared . my racer friend Uses a lipert brand bolts into the a frame but sticks up .

#18 ·
you have a link Russell? I would buy another at that price. Harbor freight has the 20% coupon. I only see a haulmaster for $140 on their site.

#20 ·
Here is a picture of what to use to not bottom out.

Automotive tire Sleeve Asphalt Road surface Sky

Reactions: hort101
#23 ·
Do the jacks work faster or have more power tied into the tiny trailer battery or the 7 pin connection on the truck?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.