electric pickup trucks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by redmax fan, Nov 23, 2019.

1. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

hort101 likes this.
  2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Waiting for the Tacoma hybrids. Should be a nice fuel savings for light tow rigs.

oqueoque, hort101 and Cam15 like this.
  3. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Silver Member

Even with the gas v6 they dont tow very well. I have a 13' and it's rated to 6500#'s, but I wouldn't want to tow more then my 2500# enclosed.

4. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

They fine for light duty towing. Just need to know limitations. Apparently the hybrid going surpass the current gas tow rating. Decent mow/blow trucks here.

5. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

At least they're better than a chevy v6 4.3

Hell i was using a Nissan frontier 6 banger for a few weeks and it was 10x's better than a 6 banger truck setup.

My rig is small at 2500 lbs and i think a taco would do well for that, especially if hybrid is available.

6. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Silver Member

I used to have a S10 and it towed better then the Tacoma, or my old Ridgeline.

7. Brucey

Brucey LawnSite Member

I want to know what the actual towing range is for the dual motor awd version that's rated for 10,000 lbs. Fuel cost is my highest expense. 3500 lb payload also not too shabby.

hort101 likes this.
  8. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I used to tow 10,000 behind my s10 in high school. It did alright, dog going uphill... Did have to replace the transmission once tho

9. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

You routinely towed 10,000 pounds behind a s10?? You’re lucky you or someone else wasn’t killed. I wouldn’t even hook that behind my 2500 suburban.

10. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I drove carefully. Now i drive a ram 3500 and f250 I tow with.