1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Elvex or Peltor?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Jan 20, 2004.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, after receiving some past due allowance money from parents, I have decided to purchase some radio headphones. I have narrowed it down to the Elvex Quiettunes ($70 at amazon.com) or the Peltor Worktunes ($60 at amazon.com). I see that the quitetunes have rechargeable batteries, but the Worktunes has AM, unlike the Quiettunes. Any suggestions?

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

try silencio my 2 cents

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard pros and cons to both. My suggestion (since it is not a huge investment...like a ztr) would be to flip a coin and buy one of them. If you aren't completely satisfied with them, buy the other when the original pair wears out.

4. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

Worktunes are $49.9? at Wally World in the Lawn & Garden Section

5. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

The only thing about the rechargeable batteries is, if they die in the morning you will have to go all day with no tunes. I just keep extra batteries in the truck so Im never with out the tunes.

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

I use sony earbuds inside stihl ear muffs with either a walkman or cassette deck in my back pocket, I run the wire under my t-shirt. Works great as I am a cheap freak.

7. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I have each of them and the pelter's are much better. Go to wally world in the garden dept. $49.00

8. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I used to go through a lot of batteries in a handheld GPS in my ultralight and the best deal I've found is the Dollar Store. I really can't see any appreciable difference in the quality of batteries that I got there.

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

You guys that keep talking about wally world is that a store or are you referring to wal-mart

Mac

10. PrecisionLandService

PrecisionLandService LawnSite Member