Lawn Care Forum banner

EMAIL address Capturing Anyone?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  smburgess 
#1 ·
Does anyone here know how to "capture" the email address of someone who enters your website. I get many many hits per day on my site and would love to know who these people are. I don't want to make people register or anything like that. Any ideas??????????????

#2 ·
Yep. Open up your wallet.

I have the option to get visitor info, but it's in the next tier of service that I'm not willing to pay for just yet.

In talking with a few other folks, the 'creepy' factor would be high if they were to anonymously visit us and get an e-mail the next day saying 'Hey, Joe. How'd you like our site?'

#5 ·
Sprinkler Guy

You idea of opting in will work, just keep the file so if anyone ever asks you have a copy of their opting in to a email list.

Also you might give them the option in your email you send to them to opt out, thus not spam.

Rick

#7 ·
There is no way to "capture" an e-mail address of someone visiting your website. Email address information is nowhere the browser info. You can get ip info, browser type, os, and a few other things, but NO email addresses, and there is no service or software you buy to capture the info either.

The other idea is good about an opt-in newsletter, or you could even set up a page so visitors could recieve (you would send it to them using the email address they provide) general info about the steps involved in installing a system, a variety of pricing plans, time-tables, breakdown of services (like steps you will perform in winterizing a system), what to look for in hiring a irrigation contractor, ETC. All kinds of things you could put down in order to maybe hit on something of interest to them. - Maybe a "Ask the Pro" type of page that would let them pose a question.

I have a "request a quote" page that has been pretty good at getting me contacts that have lead to some new accounts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.