• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Email on truck

OrangeToys

LawnSite Bronze Member
Is having your email address along with the rest of the info about your company on your truck a good thing?

corey4671

LawnSite Silver Member
a website would be better. Any opportunity you get to have indirect contact with a particular customer is great. Here's what I mean. Whenever I am shopping for something, whether it be a used car or a tv or whatever, the internet is the first place I go. Why? Because I want to be as educated about whatever it is I'm shopping for before I enter the marketplace. For example, I'm looking for a Chevy Blazer to have as a little knock around vehicle. I found one online and did some research on it. I pointed out things about the vehicle to the dealer that he at least acted like he was unaware of and admitted that I was one of the most informed customers he'd had in quite some time.

Perhaps a potential customer sees you out and about and sees the website on your truck. They are likely to go home and look up your site before calling just to see what you are all about. Like I said, in this business any exposure is good exposure.

OP
OrangeToys

OrangeToys

LawnSite Bronze Member
thanks for the help, do you have a site? and have you gotten much from it?

corey4671

LawnSite Silver Member
yep
www.theyardboy.net

it's getting some interest. only been up about a month. I can track where visitors are from and the majority are from my target area. Have advertized it with newspaper, facebook and craigslist. Having new trailer signs and window vinyl made that include the website as well. It's working. Not getting any calls YET but I think when the weather warms up here in a few weeks I'll start to see some results.

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
I would only put my email on a business card, otherwise just put a website address on your truck.

Now I do have a website and I am really undecided about it. I have gotten some business off of it, but they have all been one time mows and accounts that I will never service again. So far I'm not a huge fan but hopefully things are better for this year with the website.

EastCoast

LawnSite Senior Member
yep
www.theyardboy.net

it's getting some interest. only been up about a month. I can track where visitors are from and the majority are from my target area. Have advertized it with newspaper, facebook and craigslist. Having new trailer signs and window vinyl made that include the website as well. It's working. Not getting any calls YET but I think when the weather warms up here in a few weeks I'll start to see some results.
I would remove your facebook account....
Posted via Mobile Device

corey4671

LawnSite Silver Member
I would remove your facebook account....
Posted via Mobile Device
It's not my personal facebook account. It is a fan page I set up solely for the business. I use it advertise exclusive facebook fan only specials. I also use it for what it was intended for. Networking. Customers become fans, their friends see it and become fans. there's several threads on this topic all over this board. let's not hijack the guy's thread here.

It's not my personal facebook account. It is a fan page I set up solely for the business. I use it advertise exclusive facebook fan only specials. I also use it for what it was intended for. Networking. Customers become fans, their friends see it and become fans. there's several threads on this topic all over this board. let's not hijack the guy's thread here.
I agree with the Facebook advertising..... It's the "Latest & Greatest" in networking. (as long as it's not personal, like Corey stated)