email scam?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrig8r, Oct 18, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

that's the male border collie that you liked three weeks ago, he's 8-9 weeks now.

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Having had working dogs, but never really working them, are they self-trained to herd, or do they take some guidance? Looks like the little fellow knows what he's doing.

3. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

No no no Try booths 1537, 1543, 1637, 1643 for the sleaze...........

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

he's playing, i take advantage of their instincts and mix play and work, they don't know the difference this way, just takes patience.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Scary part was as I was reading the email I was also opening the reg mail.Got a check from the cmpany that used to provie motorcycle ins when I lived in Mass. Check was for $735 and change. So naturaly Im thinking its a scam too. Went to atty general of mass website and it is real.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Do NOT call these people back.

Somehow they get the phone number and call an overseas number that charges your phone for a low amount--that no one bothers prosecuting for--and they give a certain amount back to the caller and keep the rest.

Big money in this, had a friend who had this happen to his son recently. Cost him $86

7. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

Thanks Mark,
    Had to be more layers to the scam. Hope the FU to A-1 wasn't literal.

8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

The thing is... I was wondering if the number might be just some random number and the emailer wasn't connected to.... and that maybe AI was just getting riled up w/ some guy that wasn't part of the scame.... but now it makes more sense.

Still seems like a lot of effort for not much return...

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what pisses me off so much. If these people put as much effort into a job , they could do just as well.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That's the way I feel about most white collar criminals, they ARE smart, no doubt, until they face prison time, in which they'll prolly write a best selling book about how to beat the system. :dizzy: