• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

embarrased to ask but need help1

CLS

LawnSite Member
Guys,

I have a problem. I am going out on my own this year, and I am trying to put together a good advertising package. My problem is I don't have any PICS of my previous work. I just simply did not ever consider taking pics of my work over the last 7 years
while working for other lco's.

I've tried going through the archives for pics I felt represented the work I am capable of and pm'ing the authors for there permission to use but NOBODY will even answer my requests. I guess I understand why though so I have no hard feelings.

Anybody care to help a guy out? I'm to the point where I would consider paying for a quality pic.

I in no way will pass the pics off as my own work.

I will also show the work before it goes to print for approval.

Thanks,

CLS

TSM

LawnSite Senior Member
heres an idea, though it may not be a good one, try realestate agents. Surely they have pictures of homes that include the landscape?

IndyPropertyCare

LawnSite Member
There are TONS of pics out on the net you can use just to "spruce" up your sales package. Some are forsale and some are free... spen a little time on the net & U will find alot.

OP
C

CLS

LawnSite Member
The realestate idea is a good one. I'll give that a try.

I have also done several picture searches on alltheweb.com. I have found alot of pics like you mentioned. Problem is I don't know how cool it is to just take them and use them. I want permission to use whatever pics I find so I can avoid someone getting pi55ed at me.

Is it acceptable to just use whatever pic I find on the net?

aquamtic

LawnSite Senior Member
OP
C

CLS

LawnSite Member
Soupy,

I sent you a pm.

Aquamtic,

Thanks for the link. I checked it out. A little more $$ then I has hoping to spend. They did have nice pics but not what I'm looking for exactly. Thanks anyway.

CLS

newleaflandscape

LawnSite Senior Member
Why in God's name cant you just go back to the customers house and ask permission to take some pics. If anything I would rather show customers pics of jobs after the plants have grown for a couple years and matured.