1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

EMPLOYEE BONUS/COMMISSION

Discussion in 'Employment' started by CuttingEdgeMO, Dec 5, 2019.

1. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

100 different ways to skin a cat, we pay on salary+ commision, it seems to work for us, employees are happy, they know there weekly/daily goals and how much they make, or miss out on, if they miss work

Tara Ann likes this.
  2. dfcam

dfcam LawnSite Member

I agree, but I have 3 guys running around every day and hourly avoids the i did more than him problem...

3. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

How does avoid it? Maybe I'm reading that wrong but... If one does way more work in the same time, there both paid hourly, and he complains about doing more work then the other but not getting paid for it?..

Unless I'm reading this wrong, doesnt that contradict yourself?

Edit
    Maybe you mean route density? Ie if one guys route is way tighter vs another who's had much more drive time?

4. dfcam

dfcam LawnSite Member

Yes, my point being, you know your expectations, i have guys that might spend 2 days doing 1 commercial property and one guy doing say 40 smaller homes in another area, who gets the bonus? By paying a good/fair hourly rate, and assuming you have done it yourself what can get accomplished in a day, no need for bonus's. Save that for xmas or quarterly if you really think you need this as a motovational tool.