enclosed trailer idea.

Ready to Mow

LawnSite Gold Member
I'm thinking of switching to an enclosed trailer. I want to get the 8.5" wide trailer where you have the axle humps. Anyways I was thinking about if I got the trailer just build a wooden ramp over the hump where the wheel wells are and then that will give me the width I need to park my 34" and my 52" mowers next to one another without playing musical mowers at every stop. Anyone ever do this? It will just be a hump that goes clear across the floor of the trailer made with 2x6s

RussellB

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm thinking of switching to an enclosed trailer. I want to get the 8.5" wide trailer where you have the axle humps. Anyways I was thinking about if I got the trailer just build a wooden ramp over the hump where the wheel wells are and then that will give me the width I need to park my 34" and my 52" mowers next to one another without playing musical mowers at every stop. Anyone ever do this? It will just be a hump that goes clear across the floor of the trailer made with 2x6s
I love my enclosed and musical mowers really isn't that difficult. That hump in the floor would be a huge pain and waste of space.

OP
R

Ready to Mow

LawnSite Gold Member
I love my enclosed and musical mowers really isn't that difficult. That hump in the floor would be a huge pain and waste of space.
Actually I think just a continued ramp would be better. A lot of times I can't unload the 52 because there is a ditch on the side of the road instead of a curbed sidewalk.

CuttingEdgeLandscapes

LawnSite Senior Member
I’ve got a 60” rider in the nose to the left side a 36” stander staggered to the right of it. 52” stander flipped sideways behind those and a 61” stander pulled straight in on the tail. That’s in a 8.5x20 enclosed. I’ll go take a pic in a little bit

Top Forums