enclosed trailer idea.

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
Where do you put your blower? You can’t hang it behind the mowers, they are as wide as the trailer. So you hang it in front? So after you park your mower, rather than walking forward in the trailer, grabbing the blower, and walking out the side door. You must step off the mower, then out the back ramp, walk around the side of the trailer, step back in the side door to grab your blower ?
And your thinking your idea is time saving ?

OP
R

Ready to Mow

LawnSite Gold Member
I never thought you could get a 60" wide side door. Wonder why I didn't go the enclosed route to begin with. Have a pedestrian door too installed and just leave it open while mowing. Nobody is going to walk in the trailer and steal a blower or trimmer. I already keep an open trailer with mulch on it at all times.

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
I never thought you could get a 60" wide side door. Wonder why I didn't go the enclosed route to begin with. Have a pedestrian door too installed and just leave it open while mowing. Nobody is going to walk in the trailer and steal a blower or trimmer. I already keep an open trailer with mulch on it at all times.
you don’t leave the side door open, you buy it with an RV latch so it can be opened from the inside. If someone wants to steal something, it doesn’t matter what trailer you have.

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
Can you get a 8.5x16 with bigger axles than 3500lbs? Can you upgrade to 5200 lbs?
yes, and I would recommend it. Regardless of that upgrade or not, you will still cause more wear. So your only going to wear out the bearings and tires faster than if you left the set up alone.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
Here's another idea. Can you get the 34" mower onto the bed of the truck you are using to tow the trailer with ramps?

hedgehog_MI

LawnSite Silver Member
enclosed trailer idea.
It‘s been thought of and done already. There have been enclosed trailers around for many years. I admire your ambitious thought process though. As Ralph said all those years ago…something about a better mousetrap.
<giggle>

beck

LawnSite Senior Member
We have a 36 and 52 inch walk behind at the front of our trailer side by side. They fit easily past the fender wells (one at a time). We then have a 60 rider at the back over the axles.

They do make snowmobile trailers with shorter tires that eliminate the wheel wells. So that is an option instead of building something to go over the wheel wells.

Attachments

Reactions: JJW

Top Forums