enclosed trailer idea.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Would this help with rear and side doors, without the front door? Those ramps inside would use up a lot of space.View attachment 449558
I run a 14' enclosed with a side ramp. GET THE SIDE ramp for your smaller unit/s. I'd go nuts if I had to back out a mower to get to another mower at every stop.

Honda250xtitan

LawnSite Member
I never thought you could get a 60" wide side door. Wonder why I didn't go the enclosed route to begin with. Have a pedestrian door too installed and just leave it open while mowing. Nobody is going to walk in the trailer and steal a blower or trimmer. I already keep an open trailer with mulch on it at all times.
hahahahaa oh man. You’re gonna learn a $800 lesson when the backpack blowers and trimmer walks off. Maybe not this year or the next but it’ll happen.

Just get a wider trailer to fit both? Or so the mower shuffle that everyone gets to do.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Stand on and 30 out the side, Z out the back...

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
Depends on the yard. Some yards you want the 52 on front, then can only fit the time master in the back.
sorry. I completely don’t follow any logic in this conversation and maybe that’s just because my lawns and parking requirements are different from your own.

if your going to use a 52 on the front yard, regardless of what mower you use in the back yard, then you park it on the trailer last.

I can only image a handful of situations where you need all 3 mowers. Normally it’s a 34/36 or a push mower. Rarely both in my area.

52 comes off mows the front, parks in the grass or on the curb. Next smaller unit comes off and mows the back.

side ramp maybe, but then you complicate even more where you park. If it lowers in your customers lawn then it’s in your way and must be put up. If it lowers in your clients driveway, then your in their way at times. If you park near a neighbors property, then your just further from the trailer.

you get out of the truck on the drivers side, so that means walking around the truck or jumping over the hitch.

I just can’t fathom how it’s that helpful. If anything it seems like a time trade. One time issue for another.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Side ramp saves time...we use one mower on a lawn not multiple. We either lower side ramp or rear ramp. Easy.

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
Take my advice for what is worth, which is a stranger on the internet that made lots of mistakes in business. I have an engineering background, and a large focus and skill set of production management.

I have been in the industry over 20 years, and presently own and manage a small fleet of trucks, trailers and mowers. My company performs 1000 individual services per week.

I don’t see any major time savings in it when you consider all things.

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
Side ramp saves time...we use one mower on a lawn not multiple. We either lower side ramp or rear ramp. Easy.
so if a corner house needs a 36” or a push mower in the back yard due to a fence, you use that same mower to also mow the entire front ? That’s nuts.

how do you park with it and where does the ramp get folded down to ?

Top Forums