1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Enclosed Trailer Pricing

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BeautifulBlooms, Apr 7, 2008.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to be lookin at a 2004 Interstate 16ft. enclosed trailer with dual axles and electric brakes. I am unsure if it is 7 or 8' wide but will know when I go look at it. I also will be able to get the GVW when I look at it.

I am wondering what a good price for this trailer would be. The guy said he paid $5500 for it new, and i know he used it for lawn and landscape maintenance so I am sure it had quite a bit of miles on it, but I cant think that would matter much, i would assume trailers have a pretty long life without major repairs. New brakes, new tires, etc pretty low $ repairs.

I also know it has a fair amount of trimmer and blower racks inside which will probably be worth a few hundred or more $ so I can factor that into the price.

Anyone with an Interstate trailer? How do they compare to the other brands like Haulmark, Pace American, etc???