Lawn Care Forum banner

Enclosed Trailer Ramp Rebuild.

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  LawnMan19 
#1 ·
My enclosed trailer is about 7 or 8 years old. Its got 3/4 inch pressure treated plywood for a floor....and it never seems to last. The ramp gets wet here and there, and the wood holding the water seemed to be causing lots of rust. So today I decided to rebuild it, not using wood. Once I got the wood off...it was worse than I thought. So after some scraping, sanding and a good coat of POR 15 and a new deck I think it should be good FOREVER. Here are the pictures, let me know what you think.

See less See more
#6 ·
I hear ya. I busted my arse on the plywood when it was wet. I just hope this lasts. The diamond plate alum cost me $297 alone. Its 1/8 inch and a little lighter than the 3/4 plywood.
I have been running on mine for many years now, it's the only thing I haven't had to replace or repair on my trailer over the years. Your gonna love it, once you learn to be cautious when wet. lol I have the diamond plate also, it doesn't give you much grip when wet. Also watch out when your having to park on a slope when wet, the mowers will want to slide as well when loading back up. That will take your pulley cable out in a heart beat if t your not expecting it.

#7 ·
Thanks for the heads up. The guys mowed today....its a little wet...Ill ask em tomorrow about it. Im just looking forward to the metal not soaking up the water from rain or wet lawns....and ive never used POR 15, im curious to see how well that stuff holds up. Id love to do my entire trailer floor in the diamond plate, but its way to $$.

#9 ·
Thanks for the heads up. The guys mowed today....its a little wet...Ill ask em tomorrow about it. Im just looking forward to the metal not soaking up the water from rain or wet lawns....and ive never used POR 15, im curious to see how well that stuff holds up. Id love to do my entire trailer floor in the diamond plate, but its way to $$.
Used it in NY 20 years ago and it worked great on cars, trucks, trailers and snowmobiles. Back then it was considered new tech.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.